Last updated September 8, 2017
What information is collected on the Service?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information.
We collect Personal Information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card and other payment information, and purchase, site browsing and transaction history. For example, we collect Personal Information when you conduct a transaction on the Service (such as making a donation or purchasing a ticket); sign up for our newsletters; complete surveys; or submit a comment or question to us using a “Contact Us” or similar feature on the Service.
We collect Personal Information from job seekers and employers during the process of registering for an account with the Job Board, such as the following:
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many websites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit the Service, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your usage of the Service. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Service, the pages or content you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next website you visit when you leave the Service, and any search terms you have entered on the Service or a referral site. Among other things, this information enables us to generate analytics reports on the usage of the Service. To opt-out of your usage of the Service being included in our Google analytics reports, you may follow the instructions at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can learn more about practices regarding information processed through the Keen IO analytics service at this link: https://keen.io/privacy-policy/
How is your information used?
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To enable users to use the Service and its features (including the job-seeking or job-posting capabilities)
- To administer the Service and your account with us
- To process transactions
- To respond to your requests, questions and concerns
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your account as well as related updates.
- To improve the Service: We continually strive to improve the Service and its offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To review job seeker and employer demographics: We may review user profiles to better understand the types of job seekers and employers that utilize the Service and the types of services they most often seek or to evaluate the effectiveness of the Service.
- To protect our rights and property
- To customize the Service to your interests and history with us
- Other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Service and our e-mail campaigns, both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
Do we share your information with others?
We may share information we collect on the Service with others for a variety of reasons, for example:
- Sharing job seeker information with employers when job seekers apply for open positions. Employers may search for and view job seeker profiles, and job seekers may be contacted by employers that believe such job seekers have the credentials for their open positions;
- Sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Service with other users of the Service;
- With trusted third parties that provide services to us, such as for operating our website, conducting our business or providing the Service;
- When we believe that disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety, or when required by organizational or funder requirements; and
- In connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via the Service, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date. You can change that e-mail address anytime in your account profile. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” (“DNT”) signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail under “Site Usage Information” above) in response to DNT settings in your web browser.
Your Access Rights
You may review, update or modify certain of the Personal Information that is stored in your account on the Service (if you have one) by logging in to the “My Account” area of the Service. Your right to delete your information is subject to our records retention policies.
Third Party Links
At our discretion, we include links to other organizations’ websites and we may include or offer third-party products or services on the Service. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, which we encourage you to read. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of third-party sites.
Notice to Non-U.S. Users
Terms and Conditions
Please review our Terms and Conditions establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the Service. By accessing or using the Service, you consent to these Terms and Conditions.