Here are some of the reasons why membership in DCCNY benefits you and makes your center a more valuable place for both your staff and the children and families you serve. Membership dues provide you with a number of direct services that benefit your children, staff and center.
These services include:
- Collective bargaining negotiations with District Council 1707 and CSA to ensure a fair and equitable contract for your agency
- Advice, technical assistance and labor mediation to help resolve management and employment disputes
- Training seminars on a variety of topics pertaining to the operation of your center
- A monthly Job Opportunities Bulletin to advertise - free of charge - job openings in your day care center
- Public policy advocacy on the federal, state and local levels that informs policymakers of critical issues affecting young children and families in our communities
- Board Development training to enhance the skills of your center's Board of Directors
- Administration for Children's Services (ACS) Technical Assistance Workshops. A few of the current topics for these workshops have been Budget Management, Parent Involvement and Supervision, Administration and Evaluation.
- Semi-monthly NewsBroadcast faxes on current events, special offers to the child care community and topics and workshop announcements.
All of our efforts are designed to benefit our member agencies and improve the quality of child care services in New York City.